How to Keep Your Pet Safe During Firework Shows
The 4th of July is full of backyard barbecues, pool parties, and fireworks. Although this holiday may be something you look forward to throughout the year, the Fourth is known to be one of the most stressful days for your furry friends. Your pet may become very frightened and stressed out upon hearing the loud noises accompanied by bright, flashing lights. If this is the case for your pet, we want to inform you of the various methods you can use to calm them.
- Keep them indoors – Close curtains and windows in your home to muffle out the fireworks to the best of your ability.
- Distract with toys and treats – This will divert their attention away from the stress.
- Invest in a ThunderShirt and/or ThunderWunders – ThunderShirts are the #1 vet-recommended method to calming your pet! ThunderWunders contain melanin and chamomile that ease stress as your pet chews them.
- Exercise your pet before the fireworks – Not only will this tire your pet out, but it also has the potential to reduce anxiety and lessen the level of stress they will feel later on.
- Leave the TV/radio on – Additional sounds will distract your pet from focusing directly on the fireworks.
- Book Your Pet a Staycation – Our facilities offer a pleasant stay-cation if your pet experiences strong anxiety symptoms. Our ventilated walls and air filtration systems work together to reduce the noise that comes with fireworks.
Most importantly, you want to comfort your dog. No matter what – Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort will be here if you need us. Our facilities have been built to provide your pet with the utmost levels of comfort and luxury while they stay with us. Call us to book luxury retreat for your furry friends, so both you and your pet can enjoy the holiday.